Sunday, January 18, 2009

Play!

My version of the PLAY! theme for this month on Creative Every Day. I really loved working on this, from the decided red/turquoise background palette to the star**LUCY**. I loved watching "I Love Lucy" as a child reruns in the mornings as we got ready for school. Are they on anywhere on cable or satellite?? I hope all those old shows we watched are still around somewhere, also including Andy Griffith Show, and the one with Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore. Those were so classically funny in an innocent way. The comedies of today seem to be so raunchy! I really could do without all the skanky language and sexual innuendos, what about you? There are a few really funny modern day comediennes like Raven and Amanda Bynes. But, for the most part, they just don't make 'em like that any more......

2 comments:

Steve Emery said...

I laughed when I saw the Lucy image in your painting. She would definitely be in my thoughts about play. We watched those shows over and over, too, on our black and white TV when I was a kid. And Dick Van Dyke (remember the show where she couldn't contain her cuiosity about packages that arrived for him, so he had a life raft sent to the house, and she sneak opened it in the closet...) They had to be creative in a different way to be that funny and innocent. I admire that, still.

Anne, Bulles dorées said...

I love this association of colors !! stunning !!