Sunday, January 4, 2009

Art Journal Cover


Above is how my ArT JoURNal cover used to look. Until TODAY, well yesterday mostly. But, I finished it today! Yes, it started as just a plain old sketchbook !Now it has been transformed into.......THIS:








I found the idea for a patchwork cover from iHanna's Creative Space using scraps from your art table, or basket in my case. I just can't bear to throw away any little left over bits. I use every bit! I really had a lot of fun doing it, and it was so easy! I added some rub-ons from Basic Grey and Journaling Stamps from Paperbag Studios. I used mostly ModPodge and Aleena's Tacky Glue for the adhesives and the black ink was Ranger Distress Ink in Black Soot. I prefer Ancient Page Ink because it is archival, quick-drying and doesn't resist the adhesives. But, I was out of the Ancient Page, a refill is on the way (I love ebay!)....Oh, I almost forgot, see that little oval Handmade sign and the old fashioned camera in the top left corner? Those are from a little collection of die-cut cardstock from Amy Butler for K & Company. Very cute stuff!

1 comment:

Leah said...

It looks great, Stacy! I love collaging journal covers like that.