Monday, May 5, 2008

She's So Beautiful.....

Well, I've had this finished for some time, but just no time to sit down and put it online! I'm really like this one a lot because it just took me on a journey...I read once in an artist's blog (I believe it was Anahata Katkin) that you have to just START...glueing or painting, whatever you're doing and the let the journey take you where it will.... It's sort of a scary concept, because I'm always (at first) afraid of "messing up." But, I am discovering there's really no such thing. Although-- I did start over on one of the previous pages because I just got the wrong color on the page. No, I'm serious, it looked like blood on a page talking about LOVE. Yes, I realize that love can turn into something rather bloody at times...BUT it wasn't what I was trying to portray at the time!!

I have several projects in mind for the next few weeks. I am waiting on some ink-jet transparencies that I will be experimenting with transferring images via an acrylic gel medium. I will, of course be continuing the art journal, with some suggested themes on some of the Yahoo groups I've been lurking on. That's what they call it, when you just read the messages, etc. and not really participate. .....Also, I want to do some things a la Nick Bantock. His art is so very cool and out there! I have some old (and new) foreign paper money I may use with stamps, and pictures from old books....Please, as always, stay tuned. And, thank you for doing that, I know I keep you waiting a lot........

No comments: