Monday, July 2, 2007

Parting Ways


We are finished! Parting is such sweet sorrow...I felt a need to resolve and part ways with my beautiful painted lady, and I am happy with her outcome! The details just don't come through as well as I would have liked, BUT she's magnificant, don't ya think? I bought some iridescent gold paint this weekend at Jerry's Artarama in Austin, so I gave her a sort of halo, and some golden eggs as well. Fun. I find if I just trust my own instincts, instead of trying to copy someone else's technique, I have much better results. Hmmm....did I learn something? This is giving me confidence and excitement about future projects; as I said before, smaller canvases. I have some vintage ephemera and some cool art stamps from PaperArtsy that I will be playing around with. Stay tuned...!

No comments: