Monday, October 1, 2007

Philadelphia


I'm in Phillie for the American Dietetic Association Food & Nutrition Conference and Expo! In order to keep up my registration as a dietitian, we are required to have 75 credit hours of continuing education in 5 years. Well.....I'm behind. They are due this year in May, and I only have about 36 credits going into this conference. Soooo...I need to get a lot in a hurry. Some of the students were going, so I got the bug. I said, what the heck, I'm going to submit it, and see what they say. They could only say NO, right? Well, they (the hospital) approved it! So, I'm here staying at the Hyatt on the Delaware River with a fantastic view just like this one out my 21st floor windows! I didn't bring my camera, I wish I had, but it seemed a little too bulky to keep up with. I probably need to get one of those smaller digital cameras for times such as these. I missed some good photo ops. There's beautiful architecture in some of the downtown buildings, but I was also told not to walk around downtown or in the tourist areas alone. Several dietitians told me stories of pick-pockets and muggings. The cab driver on the way over said that this city is one of the most violent!! I didn't know that. I'm enjoying myself, though, and learning a lot! I'll be back late Tuesday, back at work on Wednesday....

No comments: